TECHNICAL AUTOMATION SPECIALIST III
Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
A vibrant location, engaged employees, and lots of growth opportunities await those who join the Louisville team! Situated on the outskirts of Louisville, KY along the Ohio River, American Synthetic Rubber Company has 80 years of rich history supplying our nation and Michelin with high quality synthetic rubber. We are seeking employees ready and willing to build a culture of diversity, performance, and Safety!!
- Lead and support PLC systems, HMI's and Robotic automation systems by providing up to date documentation, inventories, program backups, patching and troubleshooting support.
- Maintain and monitor site infrastructure operations, hardware and software of the site.
- Lead and participate in implementations or evolutions of infrastructure, hardware and software applications to improve performance, reliability and availability as the site authority.
- Provides the solutions needed to achieve industrial project objectives at the best performance / cost ratio using Michelin standards and including the following activities:
- Lead the pre-studies to define the most effective solutions
- Lead the design and/or integration by respecting the standard methodologies of the business
- Own the execution, installation and commissioning
- Train and propagate knowledge and proficiency for maintenance actions of level 1 and level 2 through providing training and coaching to the troubleshooters, maintainers and maintenance technicians.
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Safety and Security
- Guarantee IT safety and security rules are applied in the factory for equipment within the perimeter.
- Firmware updates and security patches to all systems in compliance with Michelin security policies
- Project Execution
- Implement and support projects working with production, engineering, and reliability teams to optimize equipment performance.
- Feasibility studies are carried out and the possible solutions are evaluated from the point of view of costs, timelines, risks, and functional criteria.
- Risk management action plans are carried out and supervised for efficiency.
- Validations after each project phase are made in collaboration with related trades of the industry that support design, installation, and start-up of the equipment.
- Technical Documentation
- PDR list (definition, adaptation, optimization, cancellation)
- Documents are created and maintained that support inventory management, lists of materials and software, source files, backups and training materials.
- The technical, operational and maintenance documents are aligned with Michelin standards, updated and archived for all systems within perimeter such as PLC, HMI, Robotics and Network
- Equipment Performance & Maintenance Support
- Contribute to root cause analysis, identify corrective actions, and create an obsolescence treatment plan.
- Provide recommendations toward the multi-year investment planning process as the site domain expert and in collaboration with the reliability team.
- The equipment maintenance plan is defined and communicated, and compliance is periodically checked to ensure effectiveness.
- The intervention efficiency is guaranteed in areas such as diagnosis quality, temporary services or workarounds, operational maintenance requests on breakdowns and corrective action plan to avoid recurrent problems.
- Improve the efficiency of all interventions related to resources, cost of services, use of hotlines and support.
- Evaluate tools and means provided to troubleshooters to maintain effectiveness and efficiency over time.
- First and second level maintenance skills improvement through personnel sector training to diagnose and solve issues by means of tutoring, coaching, training materials, assistive devices for maintenance and “one-point lessons”.
- Improve machine availability, reliability, performance improvement and lower maintenance costs.
- The service level and user satisfaction related to application availability, materials and services are in line with expectations.
- Experience with electrical design standards
- Competent in CAD tools to produce and document control system architecture and details
- Demonstrated expertise with variable frequency drives and motion control technologies. Specific experience with Rockwell, Siemens and Control Techniques
- Expertise with controls systems network interfaces and various protocols for communications between devices including OPC connectivity to other computer systems and databases
- Expertise with PLC programming standards & programming software, including Ladder Logic, and Structured Text
- Specific experience with Rockwell PLC's is required
- Expertise to configure and administer Rockwell FactoryTalk AssetCentre to manage all PLC assets installed on the site
- Expertise with HMI configuration, programming, and communication including Rockwell Panel View
- Expertise with Rockwell PlantPAx distributed control system
- Experience with FANUC robotics systems configuration and interface
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Automation and Controls Engineering
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!