Industrial Engineer (Experienced Level Professional)
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
Michelin Beyond Road Emporia, KS – AG Track Manufacturing Leader
Michelin Beyond Road Manufacturing Emporia, KS is the track manufacturer leader in the Agriculture Market. Our team includes over 220 achievers, authentic and diligent people from different backgrounds all dedicated to serving the most reputable manufacturers in the AG Industry. Among them John Deere, CNH, Agco and more.
You are looking to build a career, grow your professional expertise, develop a strong professional network and you are looking to work with a dedicated and knowledgeable team?
Come join our team in Emporia, Kansas and enjoy great midwestern quality of life in our quaint little city that is perfect for raising a family.
Join us at Michelin Beyond Road Emporia Manufacturing – For a better way forward!
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
- All the process evolutions (5M), including software and automations, of the site’s activity are recognized and processed with quality planning, at the appropriate level. The project portfolio is rigorously handled
- Customer needs: Product performances, industrial performances (SMQDC) are taken into account and are used to create specifications (functional specifications)
- The process is validated and aligns with the HQRI (Homologation, Qualification, Robustness Industrial) approach and the planned timelines. Right First Time principles are applied (MTP). Risks of not attaining the expected performance level are anticipated and risk mitigation is confirmed
- The technical processes are documented and meet Qualification and Robustness Industrial, (Q/RI - internal performance metrics for safety, quality, productivity and task skill level), and are systematically ensured. Technical standards and specifications are made available
- Customer complaints, non-conformities, and performance deviations (product, industrialization) detected through use are processed with an appropriate reaction level. The effectiveness of the solution is validated.
- Continually identifying improvement opportunities and quantifying possibilities
- Collaborate with Quality and Methods engineers to create control plans
- Analyze, challenge and improve material flow and plant layout to optimize production safety, efficiency, quality and costs.
- Use sound engineering logic and reason to identify solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
- Provide guidance and support to operational management by identifying improvement opportunities and helping lead the annual manufacturing and improvement plans.
- Timely response to production’s needs
- Quantify, Analyze and Track process capability
- Define how a process should work and how changes in conditions, operations and environment will affect the process output
- Collaborate with operators, team leads and supervisors to solve problems
- Creating and maintaining accurate work instructions/standard work
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Improved safety of operators
- Reduced scrap
- Improved productivity
- Increased job skills on the production floor
- Less firefighting, more planned proactive work
- Improved employee morale
- Complaints solved to root cause quickly, effectively, and efficiently
- Process consistency
- Better understanding of process capability
- Develop professionally and technically
- 1-3 years minimum manufacturing experience
- You have a BS in an Engineering field (IE, ME, ChemE...)
- Team-oriented, you believe in collaboration.
- You are a coach and a mentor for your team
- Process driven and focused on continuous improvement
- Not afraid of ch and always seeks resolution, not blame
- Strong communicator, verbally and in writing, at every level of the organization
- You are very comfortable setting priorities
- Good at setting priorities.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and very creative.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Collaboration with diverse and international co-workers
- Professional development opportunities
- A challenging role in a highly innovative company
- An Employee Assistance Program
(Take note that some elements of this Total Rewards package may differ from other positions offered at Michelin, as this role is opened at Camso, the Off-the-Road business line)
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.