5 rankings evaluating recruiters’ online communication tools
Potentialpark is a Swedish employer branding research specialist, specializing in human resources communication and online recruitment. Since 2008, its teams have been assessing recruiters’ online communication tools intended for potential candidates through the OTaC (Online Talent Communication) study.
Recruiters are nominated in five different categories relating to various digital channels:
- 'OTaC Career Website' ranks the best corporate careers sites.
- 'OTaC Online Application' rewards the best online application tools.
- 'OTaC Mobile Talent Interaction' looks at the mobile experience.
- 'OTaC Social Media Talent Interaction' evaluates companies’ social network communication
- The 'OTaC Overall' category takes all digital channels into account to determine the best strategy for online recruitment.
Potentialpark ranks companies in each of these 5 categories over 7 geographical zones and countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
More than 17,000 students and new graduates consulted
To establish its rankings, Potentialpark compiles a list of close to 200 criteria. These criteria are weighted by more than 17,000 students and new graduates through perception panels and focus groups.
In parallel, Potentialpark teams carry out an audit of recruiters’ careers sites and digital tools using the same criteria.
Potentialpark's rankings for that year are based on the combined results of the audits and student weighting.
Michelin excels in 2015
In 2015, Michelin did particularly well in several rankings in France:
- 2nd place for its online application tool,
- 4th place for its mobile experience,
- 3rd place in the OTaC Overall category of best online communicators.
A memorable first-time appearance on the podium! For the first time, Michelin featured in the Europe and Asia rankings. Its careers sites for Asia came straight in at number 9 out of 88 contenders.
The table below gives Michelin's results in the different rankings compared to its performance in 2014.
Social Medias Interaction
OTac Cross canal
|France||11th / 126||2th / 126||5th / 122||4th / 59||3th / 126|
|Europe||68th / 146||29th / 146||93th / 143||52th / 95||60th / 146|
|Asia||9th / 88||10th / 88||64th / 85||Not ranked / 95||52th / 88|
|UK||Not ranked / 92||Not ranked / 92||Not ranked / 88||Not ranked / 66||Not ranked / 92|
|Germany||Not ranked / 161||Not ranked / 161||Not ranked / 151||Not ranked / 82||Not ranked / 161|
|Italy||Not ranked / 81||Not ranked / 81||Not ranked / 69||N/A||Not ranked / 81|
|USA||Not ranked / 127||Not ranked / 127||Not ranked / 126||Not ranked / 95||Not ranked / 127|